Tuesday, August 11, 2009

information overload

Most of my family holidays result in me mouthing words to unheard songs whilst congesting my computer memory with pictures of myself, vanity isn't the right word: boredom is. 

"cross the street from your storefront cemetary 
hear me hailing from inside and realize 

i am the conscience clear 
in pain or ecstacy 
and we were all weaned my dear 
upon the same fatigue 

staring at the sun
oh my own voice 
cannot save me now 
standing in the sea
it's just 
one more breath 
and then 
down i go 

your mouth is open wide 
the lover is inside 
and all the tumults done 
collided with the sign 
you're staring at the sun 
you're standing in the sea 
your body's over me 

note the trees because 
the dirt is temporary 
more to mine than fact face 
name and monetary 

be what you will 
and then thrown down your life 
oh it's a damned fine game 
and we can play all night 

beat the skins and let the 
loose lips kiss you clean 
quietly pour out like light 
like light, like answering the sun 

you're staring at the sun 
you're standing in the sea 
your mouth is open wide 
you're trying hard to breathe 
the water's at your neck 
there's lightning in your teeth 
your body's over me "

No comments:

Post a Comment